Thursday, February 10, 2011

Simple Pleasure and Gratitude 2-10-11

Today I thought I could tie them both in together…. 

It’s been a while since I have gotten to participate in these meme’s but I just love them both and the other ladies are so dear that I have had the opportunity to meet and share with.  I’ve been moving and getting settled since Halloween of last year so it’s good to be back.  :)

 



My Simple Pleasure and Gratitude today is simply REST

DSC00002   It’s wonderful to have the time to rest our bodies and know that we don’t have anything pressing that has to be done. Can you say grateful?  After several months of running and going non stop it is wonderful to be able to simply stop and rest.

 

 


 




 

 





Join us over @ A Collection of This and That for  Simple Pleasures  hosted by Dayle and Thankful Thursday hosted by Laurie @ Women Taking a Stand



simple pleasure

 



And

 



emo_flowers1_thankfulThursday

 



1 Corinthians 13:1-3“If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.




18 comments:

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

I rust when I rest! :) lol

Denise said...

May God bless you with sweet rest.

Kay K said...

Hope you get all rested up !!! after moving one needs lots of rest !!

sarah said...

something I need so badly...happy resting

Tracey said...

Hi Cindy! Oh how I need some rest and you look so comfy in that photo! Hope you're have a wonderful day sweetie!
Hugs and blessings,
Tracey

Kathleen said...

Moving house and getting things sorted is exhausting for sure. You certainly look like you are enjoying your rest!

Debbie said...

A big old AMEN from my corner of the world!

withpenandcamera said...

Hi Cindy!

You've been missed. Love your simple pleasure. I posted about (much needed) rest a few weeks ago.

Blessings,
Joan

Janette@Janette's Sage said...

There are two of you that listed rest as your simple pleasure...a theme going on this week...yes, it is a simple pleasure

Whidbey Woman said...

I love the header for your blog!Actually, the entire design is nice. Happy Thankful Thursday!
and Happy Valentine's Day!

Trish @ Lily-Rose Cottage said...

It's so good to come to a stop and rest after a busy time. Good for the body and good for the soul! Definitely a pleasure :-)
blessings..Trish

Barb said...

Sounda like you have earned a good rest.Enjoy
God Bless
Barb from Australia

Wanda Metcalf said...

Oh Cindy I hope you stayed there all day!!! And i mean like the husband brought you meals and what ever else you needed all day!

BTW stealing cute vintage snow pic's for my blog would love to know where you find those!!??!!

Sisters because of Him

Dayle said...

Cindy, this one is perfect. :)

Jennie said...

I don't think you could look any happier and relaxed! Love a good day/hour/minute or two of rest myself. Good on you taking a moment to breathe. I bet it feels like you've been running a marathon.

Sue said...

Thinking about you tonight and hope you are well, Cindy, I certainly miss you posting.
Sue

nannykim said...

Oh, I so agree. Rest is a wonderful thing. I have been resting up because of foot surgery. The rest has been very nice.

Susan said...

Hi Cindy, I see you are having fun redoing you pages. Don't forget to rest in the circle too. Hugs

Followers

LinkWithin