Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I’m still catching up

 

I thought I would be caught up by now, but oh no.  Instead of my list getting smaller, it seems to be growing.  Everyday I wake up to a new list of things that I want to accomplish. When will it end, maybe after ALL the snow.

winter day

Look familiar?

sledding and snowed in

Alot of this has been going on around here.



 

 

 

 

We have had lots of snow and ice  this year and so it has prompted me to really work on some projects that I have put off for a long time. (Staying home ALOT).

And I feel like I am finally finding my balance.



 

 

It amazing how much I can get done in a day if I stay away from the computer.  :)

   I have been spending much more time in my kitchen, which can be a good thing or a bad thing.  I feel some of the weight I lost a bit ago creeping back on.  YIKES!  perfect fit

Waiting for spring, so  I can get some outside exercise.


 

She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.  She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.  She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. Proverbs 31:15-17



For a long time, especially when my kids were small, I used a menu planner faithfully.  However as they got older, I kind of drifted away from that.  As well as grocery shopping in my usual weekly manner.  But over time it has proven that we have not and aren’t eaten well balanced meals due to no planning. Eating alot of quick meals.   So I am working on implementing this menu plan and grocery shopping again to my routine.  Clipping coupons and making list. grocery shopping

 

I have created a new Coupon Binder which I am hoping to use.  I need to share some pictures of mine, but it’s still not completed.  But if you use coupons and think that you might be interested in creating one for yourself



organize-coupon-binder  

Things You'll Need:

  •    3-ring binder
  •   pencil pouch for binder
  •   plastic baseball card protector pages
  •   folders
  •   divider sheet with write-on tabs
  •   empty envelopes
  • any other small accessories you want

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



(photo courtesy of Ehow)



The Cowboys Wife @ The Wooden Spoon has a video you can watch to put one together. 

 



I also have another project completed…will have to share that with you the next time….All I will say it I’m lovin it!!!  Just sayin!

 



Can we talk Valentines?  Next time….

1 Corinthians 2:9“However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him—”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.







5 comments:

american girl primitives said...

Cindy,

I know the feeling, catching up. With this storm we're having I'm trying to get some things done. I usually do a menu plan, my problem is sticking to it. I do clip coupons but I will take a look at the binder video as I do need new ways to organize mine.

Sue said...

I should be catching up on things but I seem to be the queen of procrastination these days. I'm off to do some ironing so I feel I've done SOMETHING today. Doug is working from home today which makes me feel guilty that I haven't accomplished much yet. Oops!

How are you enjoying the new place? I sure do miss you in our little group. Any thoughts of coming back to us???!!!

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

I'm noticing the same thing as I get older, all normal I hope? LOL Don't stress over it, life is too short! Hugs!

Wanda Metcalf said...

I am really wanting to do more with coupons and love the binder! I just need to know where to get the coupons and how to get the best deals. We need to look into blogging about this!

Linda said...

Hi Cindy,
Good to see you here!
Have a great week.
Hugs

Followers

LinkWithin