Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday and other stuff


NOTE: Please note my Network Blog over in the right column, if you are on Facebook and would like to get updates from me, please connect with me.

Can you believe it?  I actually made it here to blog today. I have missed you all.  Before I give my list of Blogthanksgiving, I wanted to update you all on all that is going around here.

Since my last post, it hasn’t been boring.  I have made a trip home to Kentucky to visit with family and witness my nephew become a legal member of our family.  That was a truly awesome day for my sister, and as tears strolled down our faces, she whispered to me “ I’m finally a mom”.  Thrilled and ecstatic don’t do justice to her feelings that day.

Although I made the trip alone, hubby had to stay home, it was some fun time with my mom and dad.  Spent alot of time eating out, watching some movies, and running to antique shops.  A very favorite past time for me and my mom. 

But since getting back home, some areas of my life I have been fretting over.  I hate to even mention it because I sound like a broken record.  But selling this house is taking a huge toll on me and making me question my trust in God. Is he listening to me?  Did I actually say that?  

God's post it1Why is it so hard to trust God when things look so bleak.  I really don’t distrust God, I really do trust him, but I keep asking myself why certain things aren’t happening for us and everything is working out for all those around us.  Is selling this home some kind of lesson?….what am I suppose to be learning from it?  PATIENCE…..oh boy, I am not good with this trait.  I am finding myself getting disgruntle over the smallest of things.  I am getting anxious about everything.  All my feelings are so raw and I could cry at drop of a hat.  I just want to move on…..I want to start the next chapter in my life. But apparently I have unfinished business in this chapter.

So I am back to “trusting God” that he knows what’s best….I read “

“Trusting God actually takes effort. Trusting God actually takes work. It trustinggod
takes reading the Bible. It takes meditating on Scripture. It takes praying
about things. It takes taking our own souls to task and stopping one kind of
thinking and turning to another kind of thinking. It takes work. It takes 
effort.”

this excerpt was taken from “Trusting God” by Carolyn Mahaney, Carolyn goes on to say “

The Bible says that without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb.
11:6). Fear is sin. And as my husband has often graciously reminded
me—God is not sympathetic to my unbelief. Why? Because fear,
worry, and unbelief say to God that we don’t really believe He is
“merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast
love and faithfulness” (Ps. 86:15). We are calling God a liar.” 

Ok, WOW I never really thought about that before.  How God views my lack of faith and trust.

If you are lacking in faith and having a hard time Trusting God” check out the whole article written by Carolyn Mahaney.

emo_flowers1_thankfulThursday 

In saying all that, I have much to be grateful and thankful for:

  • My nephew,Caleb
  • Wonderful time spent with my hubby this last week, we have had a incredible time with some awesome discussions.
  • The wonderful rain we received this week to make our flowers and gardens happy.
  • Great friends to share a meal with.
  • My DIL receiving her AA .
  • Another great sunny day and seeing the flowers sprinkle the earth with color. God is a awesome artist.
  • Home movies of my children taken 26 years ago.  I can relive their youth.
  • And I am thankful for this house too, at least I have a nice home and I can make the payments because we have work. So even when I am disgruntled with having it, I am grateful that I do, because many don’t.  God has been so good to me.
  • Thankful for my wonderful hubby.  (pic below was taken at our rehearsal for our wedding)


DSC00060

If you would like to participate in Thankful Thursday join us this month at “Spiritually Unequal Marriage”
Hugs,

Cindy_red signature

James 1:21“Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.



8 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your grateful heart.

Michelle said...

You do indeed have many wonderful blessings! Thanks for sharing.

Visiting from TT- New to your site, your home is so cute!! I'm assuming that that's your home pictured in your title block. I love it. Okay heading off to look around some more-

KrnDrln said...

Hi Cindy! I got your FB request and responded! :) Glad to have you for a friend there too!

I sooo understand the trusting God thing when we want things right now! We just went through such a valley, but when coming through the other side we can understand some of the reason why God delayed his answer...we won't know it all until the other side of heaven! But isn't it good to know that God is better than any earthly parent and will not do anything to harm us, but only to make us more like Him!

Praying for you as you walk through this time of trusting God in faith! HUGS

Tracey said...

Hi Cindy! Glad you got to spend some time with your mom and dad! Keeping you in prayer for your house selling soon! Being patient is not one of my strong points either! ((BIG HUGS))

Crystal Roberts said...

What a great post, love your list, it was very encouraging to read your post!

LadyT said...

Hi Cindy;

What a wonderful and thought-filled post. First congratulations on your new nephew. I can imagine how happy and thrilled the family is. Sounds like you had a lovely time with your family.

We are human Cindy and we all forget every once in awhile to just trust Our Lord for everything. The wonderful thing is He loves us through all our faults and failures and we can always turn to Him. Thank you for sharing a beautiful post.

I pray you sell your house soon. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs

Whidbey Woman said...

You've definately been busy! Your thankful list is great, and I so enjoyed what you wrote about trusting God. I know we all struggle with that at times! Thanks for the great post. Have a Happy Thankful Thursday!

Judy said...

Hi sweet Cindy! I loved your openess & honesty in this post. You said out loud what many probably think at times...God knows our hearts & our thoughts, & I think we sometimes feel if we don't say it out loud, He won't know it. I am praying that He honors your trust & your faith in Him. I'm praying that your house sells & soon! I want this for you, because I know how your heart longs for it.

LOVED your thankful list! It helps to keep our minds focused on gratitude. Love you Cindy. Sending you big hugs!

Followers

LinkWithin