Monday, July 19, 2010

Just another day

What a weekend….for a girl that didn’t have many plans, I sure got lots done and was sore to prove it.  

She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.  Proverbs 31:17

Most of Saturday was spent working on some things around here, but nothing major.  However, on Sunday that was another story.  Sunday both my sons were off from work so they came over to visit and help us out with some “muscle work” in the basement.  We have decided to replace the old carpet that was there with a new Berber carpeting.  It is suppose to get installed this week preferably later than earlier .  So we had to move the larger furniture pieces out to our garage. Which meant getting it up the stairs to the main floor and then out another set of steps to the garage.  Poor boys!  Needless to say that they got those heavy pieces moved and then Michael and I had to pull up the carpet.  Now this isn’t just any old carpet…the people who lived here before us, put down carpet squares which meant we had to pull up each one.  Not a easy task….but we got it done and now we still have junk treasures to sort through. It’s simply amazes me with how stuff one can accumulate over time.  After several attempts at decluttering, we still have have stuff.   If I am brave I will take a few pictures to share with you.  You wouldn’t believe the mess down there right now.

Hubby has been diligently working  on transferring  our old VHS tapes of the children to DVR’s.  Wow, that is another job.  But he has gotten quite a few done already, so hoping within the next week he will have that done. But not sure that will happen with all the other things doing on.   But we are on a mission. This is one of those projects we have had on our “to do” list for a long time, but finally bit the bullet and bought the machine and now it has been running non-stop since he got it. 

We also purchased (ordered it) ourselves a new scanner for our photos…I’m excited about getting it, because apparently it will do a bunch in no time. I have tons that I have wanted on my computer for a long time but it just took to long to do.  Maybe then I can learn to do some digital scrapbooking.  I think I might enjoy that!  Will need to spend some time figuring it all out though. 

manic monday Today, I need to get through loads of CD’s that we have had stored in downstairs, some are in their cases, others are not and you know the routine.  I worked for awhile on them yesterday and got through a ton, in the process, I am getting rid of duplicates, giving the kids the one that belong to them… How did I ever get so disorganized with all this media stuff.  Oh yeah, I am not the one that normally took care of it.  It wasn’t my job, but once I have all our media stuff organized, it will be a wonderful treat to ourselves.  It’s one of those things, where you have some here, some there, and it’s never all together.

Also today my daughter is coming over after she gets off of work so that she can cut my hair.  Woo hoo…it really needs it, it is getting too long, and I am always wearing it up in a claw . It’ll be nice to have her here, she plans to spend the night with me since she if off tomorrow.  It’s been awhile.

K…got sheets to wash on my daughters bed, and floors to clean, and CD’s to go through.  So got to get a  move on. 

She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.  Proverbs 31:27

Hope you all have a blessed day!

Cindy_red signature

Isaiah 41:10“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.



4 comments:

LadyT said...

Whew! Cindy;

I just had to sit, fan myself and rest after reading your very busy entry. LOL! Way too much work for me.
I'm glad most of it has been taken care and get to rest a bit and spend time with your daughter. Have a blessed evening my friend. Hugs

AliceMum said...

You made me so tired..you would think it would have motivated me to declutter..but nope..LOL
Enjoy your evening with your daughter!! Looking forward to hearing about your next few days of adventure!! Hugs...Blessings!!

Darylynn said...

Hi Cindy! Oh good, another home improvement person to co-miserate with! Fun isn't it? Try moving the furniture from your living room, dining room and 3 bedrooms all at once! We have furniture in our garage, on the patio and on our balcony! Plus all of the clothes in our walkin closet had to be relocated! Luckily we have a downstairs fmilyroom, bedroom and bathroom to retreat to! I'm sure it'll be nice to have new berber carpeting! Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

Linda said...

Hi Cindi,
Enjoyed your post.
How I wish I could get motivated to de-clutter and stick at it! I end up just moving things from one place to another!!.lol.
Glad you have achieved much and enjoy your time with your daughter.
Blessings and hugs.

Followers

LinkWithin