Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Should I lie

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and tell ya that I have been on some far away trip and I’m so exhausted by all the excursions that I’ve done, that I can barely think straight. When in reality I have been playing hold up and hostage

Blog in typescript letters

in my own home.  Yep, you heard that right.  I have been sitting here at home and not blogging nor really wanting to post.  Ok…that’s not really true, I’ve wanted to post but just haven’t felt that I have had anything worthy or fun to even share.

   

 

 



I think this weather has me in some kind of a funk.   This happens to me alot around this time of the year…All the activities of the holidays are over and this year I had the move on top of everything else, so I am feeling a bit “out of sorts”.  Although I am a wee bit excited about all the progress I have made with getting things in order.  Isn’t that what January is all about?  And that is what I spent most of January doing…..cleaning out computer files, making password list, personal work related files, creating a coupon binder, going back to the menu planner, and also back to cooking and baking more.  :)  Not bad for a January.  Now that February is here, we have gotten my hubby’s work office moved to a new location.  (His lease was up at his other office), and hoping now we can focus on some fun stuff.



This past weekend (Sat) he and I took the day and headed out to a auction up in Pa that had primitives for sale.  Oh my…good thing I am living in a shoe box because there was lots I wanted to bring home

 

.  Afterwards we hit several antique stores in the area, grabbed some dinner, did some grocery shopping and headed home.  I was utterly worn out when we got home. 

Sunday we headed out to church followed by stopping in at the store to grab a few things for lunch.  We came home and made lunch together, Chicken fijitas’ ummmmmm yummy!, even had time for a nap before the Super Bowl.  All in all it was a great weekend…so what have I been up to this week….

 



Trying to decide what to do for my family for Valentines day.   love-valentines-dayGot any plans?  We don’t usually do alot for each other.  And for my kids, I normally just pick them up some goodies, but this year I am playing around with the thought of “making them some homebaked goodies” . 

 



I will most likely work on them tomorrow as hubby is taking Friday off from work and we may be going out of town for the day and Saturday we are taking my boys to see the Washington Wizards play the San Antonio Spurs in DC. So it should be another busy weekend.


So this hopefully gives you a idea of where I’m at as well as where my head is at these days.  But hoping to be a much better blogging buddy soon. 

20100102_307 Now where is that excursion list….JIC…..

2 Thessalonians 1:3“[Thanksgiving and Prayer] We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.




5 comments:

Denise said...

It's nice catching up with you again Cindy, and I can totally relate to the funk in January, you're not alone there I am sure. I am so ready for Spring, I just feel like I've been stuck in doors for weeks now!
Our weekend should warm up to 70 so that will be nice :)
xxx

Sue said...

Hi Cindy, I have been a little out of whack lately too, But it is so good to catch up on what you have been up to, you have been busy.
I am so looking forward to warmer weather, I would even settle for a few days of consistent sunshine.
The antique shopping is right up my ally, and I am looking forward to getting back to that. Enjoy your Valentines Day weekend with your family. I know you will have something special for them.
Hugs,
Sue

Wanda Metcalf said...

Glad to see the post! I understand wanting to just wrap up and disappear this time of year. All the busyness of holidays and then all the cold weather can really get you beat down. But you have also had a huge move as well!

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Good thing the house is to small huh... sounds like when I go to the store and make myself get that little hand basket....then I can't pick up too much.

Sisters because of Him

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

Sounds like you need more sunshine and vit.D, if it's a seasonal funk, plus keep busy, learn a new hobby ( apron makin ) and get out and explore. Spring will be here soon.

Christine said...

Moveing is emotional and HARD!
No wonder you feel like you can't think straight.
But I think you see the light at the end of the tunnel. YEA!

Followers

LinkWithin