Monday, June 1, 2009

Moving right along

with each new day.  Ladies, I am so tired, but can't stop now.  Since my last post, so much has been happening.  My house is nearing completion and I am so happy about that.  Although this is going to be a very hectic and busy week.  In the last week we have gotten alot done. 

I had a little problem with the outdoor spiket on Wednesday and so we had to have the plumbers here on Thursday.  When I was leaving to go to Tori's graduation for the tech center on Wednesday afternoon, my tire got tangled in our garden house, and my car pulled it down the driveway causing the spiket to pull away from the house.  I had a gusher flooding my garage.  Now picture me, in dress slacks and heels running down to the neighbors house to find someone to help me.  I was beside myself.  My house was flooding and I was going to be late to my daughters graduation.  I wasn't real happy.  Needless to say, a gentleman from down the street came to my rescue, my hubby flew home from work and all was taken care of.  We had no water Wednesday afternoon/evening, but we weren't going to be here for the main part, so the plumbers came first thing on Thursday morning and replaced the damage I did and showers were had by all in time for Michael to go to work. ;)

My dear daughter graduated from Career Technologies on Wednesday evening.  She has been taking cosmetology classes for the last 18 months and working in a salon part time.  She took her board certification test a week before and last Monday we found out she passed.  So now she is a certified stylist.  She was thrilled beyond words.  This next Saturday night she graduates from HS.  I know this will be a sad day for me, my last child graduating from High School.  Seems like only yesterday she was starting school. Anyhow, my folks are coming up from Kentucky on Thursday to share the joy with us.  I am hosting a celebration cook out on Saturday before graduation for some family and friends.  Should be fun.  Although I think I must be a bit crazy since my house still isn't finished yet. 

On Thursday and Friday my new doors were hung.  I purchased a new front door and a new slider for the family room.  Boy what a difference that make.  Now I have to decide what kind of window treatment to put on the slider.  I just don't know what to do?  Please if you have any ideas I would love to hear them.  I need help and fast with this one.

This morning I had a man from Lowe's out taking measurements of all our rooms for the new carpet.  As it stands now they are coming out on Wednesday to install it.  Woo Hoo...after that, with the exception of a few little touch up projects that house will be finished.  It'll be time to put it on the market.

Over the weekend, we finished up some more yard work and powerwashing we wanted to do, plus my daughter had 4 softball games, one of which was a ALL STAR game which she played in and they won.  Just another busy week and weekend.  But this week I have to kick it into high gear. 

This morning I spent time in the workshop and garage sorting and organizing some of Michael's tools and such.  When you are remodeling you don't seem to have time between jobs to organize your mess, and before you know it, YOU CAN'T FIND ANYTHING!  So you go buy doubles and triples.

Tonight looks like a night that we will try to get some things back on our walls and tomorrow we will moving everything around upstairs to get ready for the carpet folks on Wednesday.  Believe me when I say I will be glad when this time next week rolls around.

Need to scoot, got lots to do today...so need to get started. :)

Hope your having a blessed day!

Hugs!

No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin