Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dough Riser decked out for the Autumn Season

Happy Tuesday ladies, wow, can’t believe I haven’t been here since  Friday, but I have been one busy woman.  Lots of things going on in my little house.  I have been spending my time creating a happy cozy harvest home for me and my family.  Oh the joy I have been having.  (I will post some more of my fall pictures soon)

Saturday and Sunday were spent with me putting out more decorations in my home, as well as sorting out some boxes that have been storage.  It was almost like Christmas for me.  I had forgotten just all that I had.

football mom On Saturday evening, my children all gathered here for the night so that they could watch Football on Sunday, (we have the football package)  so they can see all their games and it was just a great time of family and fun.  Plus we had lots of yummy finger foods to snack on.  One thing I made that was a big hit was a Rueben Dip.  So yummy.

Rueben Dip Recipe

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise rueben dip
  • 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
  • 16 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed and squeezed dry
  • 8 ounces shredded corned beef
  • 16 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and dressing.
  3. Spread sauerkraut into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Layer corned beef, Swiss cheese, and the mayonnaise-dressing mixture on top of the sauerkraut.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

Now, where was I…..

Yesterday was spent out with my daughter, she and I spent the day shopping and going out to lunch.  We had a wonderful time.  I really miss spending time with her, afterwards we came back to the house and just vegged and watch some TV together until it was time for her to leave. 

So today, I am playing catch up with my blog hopping and posts.  Lots of ideas twirling around in this head of mine, and I need to get them all wrote down and on paper, or in a post, before I lose them.  homemaker3

Heading out for a bit to grab some spray paint, I have a few little projects that I need to work on and will be showing you later.  But first things first, BUY PAINT! 

But before I head out I wanted to share a wonderful dough riser all decked out for the harvest season.  Now, you don’t have to use a dough riser for this, actually any kind bowl would work if it were large enough, or maybe a wooden tray, really anything that would HOLD your “fillers”.

 

dough riser

How easy would this be to do?  I love all the colors and textures found in this centerpiece. 

Fill the dough riser with small pumpkins, gourds, and candles, pinecones.  Then sprinkle it  with things found in nature, gather some leaves, acorns, a little moss, etc. feel free to be creative.

This would make a great  low centerpiece on a dining room table, entry table or sideboard.  It's  great for parties or get togethers because  it doesn’t block  views of your guest or the food.

And one of the best thing about it, is it shouldn’t be expensive.  Relatively cheap since most of things are free.  Try bringing the outdoors in.

Oh yeah, I wanted say thanks to all that have dropped me a note about my header, I am so glad you like it….however, I am working on something else that I would like to use, but at the moment I am kinda stuck…but if I get it all figured out, then I am hoping to have a different type of banner for you to see. 

Have a very blessed day today.  I hope to get around to visit with you all later today or tomorrow. 

2 Corinthians 13:14“May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.



4 comments:

Karen said...

love the wooden dough bowl. looks so simple and fallish!!!
Karen

Denise said...

I have never heard of a dough riser? What is it? well I assume you let dough rise in it, but it's a strange shape for that, I thought most people just use the bowl they mix it in? Looks very pretty though ;)

Dayle said...

How pretty!

Jenni @ Story of My Life said...

I just LOVE your blog!! Made me so happy to see all your fun fall pictures and ideas!! I look forward to following you in the future! :)

Followers

LinkWithin