Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday-Sept 23

Good Morning ladies, it’s another Thursday to share what we are thankful for, today I’m thankful for the opportunity to stay home.  I wemo_flowers1_thankfulThursdayas a stay at home mom while my kids were growing up and I loved every minute of it.  However, when I was going through my separation and divorce I had to go to work.  I loathed it!  I accepted it as the way it was but I hated it so.  I missed being home and making my home our family’s oasis away from the outside world.  There is something so wonderful about being able to create a home that your family loves to be and looks forward to coming home too. For the last year, I have had the opportunity to stay at home again, and I am loving every minute of it again and everyday I give thanks to God for that opportunity.

So what are you thankful for today? If you would like to read what others are thankful for or join in the fun,stop by @Grace Alone.

Romans 5:3-4“Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) . All Rights Reserved.



12 comments:

Melinda said...

What a sweet blessing it is to stay at home with our families! That's where my heart is - and that's where I want to be. I'm so glad you had your heart's desire returned to you this year!

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

I'm thankful for the new season and some cooler weather heading our way!

pam said...

YAY for getting to stay at home. It is such a gift!

Tammy said...

Hi Cindy :-)
I am happy to be able to stay at home again, too. And I have waaayyy too many things to be thankful for right now so I won't even begin to list them here. Let me just say that God is way too good to me. Love ya girlie! xo

Apron Senorita said...

Hi Cindy, it is so very nice to meet you. I'm Yoli from Apron Senorita, a single-mother of 2 teen kids. I wish I knew how it felt to stay home to raise my kids. I always felt so guilty for not being home when they arrived from school. I know that God takes us down different paths to build our faith, courage, and love for him. I can't say that my life would have been better, but I do know that Jesus Christ is the man of my house.

I wish a blessed autumn season for you.

Yoli :)

Jerralea said...

It is truly a blessing to stay home and care for your family. Being a stay at home wife and mom is all I ever wanted to do. But God allows life to take us down different paths, sometimes. My path led through a season of my husband's illness and I had to become the breadwinner. It's turning out all good, but I do miss being home. Be thankful for your time home and use the time wisely! I enjoyed your post today.

Denise said...

You are truly blessed.

Lynn said...

cindy,

You just inspire me. I think I need to write about just this very thing. Making a home a place of safety and rest for our family.

Outstanding post. Thank you.

Patti said...

I have been a stay at home mom for over 20 years now, ever since I had my first child. It is something I have always been thankful for.

Hope you're having a lovely day,
Patti

Tiff said...

Staying home really is a blessing...even if I do go a little stir-crazy now and then. :-)

Charlotte, Lover of His Name said...

How fun to return to memories of my own through your heart so sweet. I was a stay home mom and with my divorce I went this same route. But isn't it amazing how God's Love remains so strong in all our travels... whether a working women, stay home women, single, married... in all situations...He is there. I stay Amazed..!

LadyT said...

Hi Cindy;

Wish I would have known about Thankful Thursday before. I just joined Kims's new Thursday's Top Ten meme.

I'm thankful for all the wonderful online friends I've come to know these past years.

Have a blessed day ahead my friend. Hugs

Followers

LinkWithin