Saturday, December 20, 2008

The house tours continues

I hope you all enjoyed having a  glimpse of our family room, now I want to show you my Living Room  and our tree.  In my family room, as you could see, I have a primitive country tree that has ornies, and homemade ornaments, I love the simplicity of that tree.  Meanwhile, in my Living Room, I have my traditional tree.  This is the tree that I have all my children's ornaments on, things they have given/made for me and ornaments from vacations, places we have lived. My sentimental ornaments are on this tree.  I also always use multi colored lights on it, because that is what my kids prefer on this tree. As I have mentioned before, I didn't do as much decorating, and you will notice that my kids kinda skimped on the ornaments.  Believe me when I say, I have at least triple the amount of ornaments that you see on here.  But that is okay. 

Can you see me little sled, I picked this us this summer at a auction for pennies, and knew that I would use it to put under my Christmas tree with my Victorian Boyd's Bear.  Love it.

 

DSC01358

Here is the table that sits at the entrance of the foyer, looking into the living room.

DSC01357

Some of my bear collection in the little cradle.

DSC01362

A little close up of the sleigh. I will have to get a better one before we have Christmas.

 

DSC01365

Stop by tomorrow for the Dining Room.  K?

Hugs!

Luke 1:68-70“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come and has redeemed his people. He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago),”

Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) NIV. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Looks great Cindy! I also collect bears, but have about 90% packed away. I used to collect the Boyds, but they are not as cute as they used to be, in my opinion. A lot changed when Gary Lowenthal sold the company. The style of the bears is not as nostalgic as they once were and that's what I loved about them. I prefer old antique bears and Boyds used to be the next best thing. Then I started making my own out of mohair and distressing them. I haven't made any in several years now, but I still enjoy them.
Loved seeing your trees and will be back to see your diningroom!
Have a great weekend!

Followers

LinkWithin