Saturday, January 5, 2008

God is Good

Amen...God has blessed me greatly. I had my Lasik procedure yesterday and it is simply amazing the difference it has made. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers yesterday. God heard them. I was terrified, hoping I was doing the right thing, but scared "what if" questions filling my mind. I still can't believe it, I'm constantly noticing things that I can see that I couldn't before with my glasses. And each day it is suppose to get better.

When I got there, the staff was extremely nice and professional and tried to aleve my fears. Which is a good thing. they walked me through everything step by step. During the actual procedure one of the staff members held my hand through the whole thing. I'm grateful for that. I know at times I must have squeezed her hand till they ached. Not because of pain but because of the unknown. Bracing myself for what was to come. I was coached to remember to relax. Anyway, the procedure was short and sweet and uneventful. When I got ready to leave they presented me with a thank you card and a single rose. How sweet was that?

I am off for my follow up this morning and have to go back in about 10 days for another one. Just basically to make sure that the flap is healing well. This morning I am in no pain, the only discomfort is the dryness of my eyes, but it isn't unbearable. I have tons of drops that I have to use over the course of the next several days/weeks. Believe me, I am NOT complaining.

If there is anyone out there contemplating have the procedure, my advice is DO IT now and don't put it off any longer. I wish I hadn't of. It truly is one of the best thing I ever did for myself.

K...gotta scoot to my appt.

Hope you all have a wonderful blessed weekend.

Hugs!

UPDATE: I went to the doctor for my follow up this morning and they informed me I was doing great. I had 20/20 vision in my right eye and 20/40 in my left (this was my worse eye, legally blind in it). They informed me that my left eye vision will improve as days go by. Woo Hoo...
I actually drove for the first time today without corrective lenses. Too awesome! Anyhoo, just wanted to share my wonderful news.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

YAY! I'm so glad you are doing well. I want to have this done so badly, but I have to research it. I'm not even sure how much it might cost. LOL I'll have to check w/my new insurance. :) Have a wonderful weekend seeing new things!

Lori said...

Hi Cindy!! Oh I am so glad you lasik went well and you are doing good!! That is awesome!! My friend I walked with last year (Tina) had that done and she is doing great.
Have a nice weekend sweetie!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

Followers

LinkWithin