Monday, March 15, 2010

It’s just been one of those day

to get lots accomplished, which is a good thing because I got NOTHING accomplished over the weekend.  The weather here was rainy and cold and perfect for doing nothing.  Granted it would have been perfect for getting some projects completed, but my heart and body weren’t in it. 

Although I did get through a mountain of magazines that has been smagazinesitting on my coffee   table for a few weeks, tagged and ready for me to clip and save my inspiration pages, etc…so might work on that this afternoon.  I got high hopes.  :)

Had time to share some of my Sunday with my son, he came john wallover for awhile and he and I watched the SEC championship.  It was alot of fun watching it with him, but will confess that I sat   on pins and needles the whole game.  It was a nail biter.  Not sure how I managed to keep mine.  Here at our house we are gearing up for the NCAA playoffs.  Being a Kentucky girl, we are pulling for our WILDCATS!  Go big blue!!!!

Woke up this morning to another dreary day, but I had my handy dandy list made out and so I got right to work on taking care of business. Two major accomplishments for me this morning, I finalized the menu and venue for the rehearsal dinner for my son’s wedding.  Woo Hoo!  and I also got my menu’s made out for next week.   I have been saying for awhile I was going to get back into making a list, because we tend to eat better and I know when my feet hit the floor that day what I am going to be making for dinner.  So I scoured some of my favorite cooking sites and came up with some wonderful new recipes for us to try over the course of the next couple of weeks.  I also spent time organizing my portable office.  newpaper basketPortable office you ask, it is my Longaberger basket chock full of my lists for everything.  It carries my files  that consist of my shopping list, menus, cooking magazines, my spiritual binder that houses my prayer list, inspirational and motivational thoughts, as well house inspiration.  This little basket is overflowing but I love it, because I know where everything is that keeps my mind clear of clutter and thoughts.  I am in the process of reworking some of files.

I still have a pile sitting beside me of the things that I need to get too today, so instead of writing this, I should clipping my coupons.  So off to clip and save.  What are you doing today?  What makes your feel productive?

Blessings to all,

Cin Sig




7 comments:

Sonia said...

hi Cindy !
well, wow, it'd been ages since I last visited ! wow, your blog is absolutely delightful !!
my WE was the contrary of yours.
it was sunny, but we got lots done, and today I could craft a bit.

oooh congratulations on the wedding of you son, how awesome is that ?! :) you must be thrilled !!

have a great week oxox

Jenny said...

Hi Cindy,
Your day sounds like mine, I have my menu planned, grocery list and now looking for coupons!

Have a great week!
Jenny

Danna said...

Finally stopped in to say "hi". So happy you are having a most productive day. HUGS

Denise said...

I seem to have baskets sitting all over the place but still can't keep everything organized! Hope your Monday is off to a great start sweetie.
xxx

Darylynn said...

Hi Cindy! Reading back I didn't know that you were not working now nor did I know about your son's wedding. That's exciting! I love my Longaberger baskets but I mostly just display them. Nice that you have a big one for organizing things. Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

Judy said...

Hey Cindy! You are SO organized! I can tell that you thrive on lists & accomplishing the things on those lists. Of course I LOVE the Longaberger. It's good you put them to use (I do too). Sending you big hugs!!
P.S. Love the new look of your blog.

Susan said...

Hi Cindy, I like the new blog look. Great for scrapping ideas. I like your basket idea too. I wish I was as organized as you. Glad the wedding plans are going well. Have a great week. Hugs

Followers

LinkWithin