Monday, August 18, 2014

Lazy Weekend

 
 
 
Happy Monday.  I sure hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I had a very leisure one.  Friday night I had the opportunity to go out to dinner with my folks and it was wonderful to just sit and catch up with them.  That is one thing that I have missed all those years of living away from home.  Just having the time to stop in for impromptu visits and grab dinner out.  Life really is about all the small things isn't it?

Saturday my folks were having some trees taken down on their property so I decided to run over there that morning to watch all the activity.  I had never seen one taken down and I was simply fascinated watching the guy in the bucket truck take down the trees.  After he finished, hubby decided to gather up some of the wood for our fireplace.  The fireplace in our home is gas, however we can use wood too.  Plus hubby is planning to build me a firepit in the backyard, so we will need wood so this is a good time to get it.
 
This is the back of the house, and eventually we will add a deck.
 
 
The back yard as it is now.  We are so excited that we will have room for a garden.  They have a small one (in the above pic).  We also will be adding a fence so that we can give our Yorkies, Barclay and Bella a place to play.
Saturday evening we went out and met up with some friends at the cutest and coolest little Ice cream shoppe. FB page here They have wonderful food and scrumptious desserts.  Had the best time.  This is a group of friends that travel together.  For those that don't know, after my dad retired from driving a truck, he started driving a tour bus and he loves it.  This is a group of couples that go on a lot of his trips with him.  Wonderful bunch of people.  Anyway, we meet every three months or so someplace and have dinner, go shopping of something. 

Sunday was a very rainy and gloomy day here, but we got some much needed rain.  So we were thankful.  Hubby actually came into work for awhile and I stayed home and worked on my bible study and  had my quiet time. I cherish  that time of the day when I can sit alone with God's word and spend time in prayer.  I've actually started coming into work early @ 7AM so that I can do my devotions and reading in the quiet of the office.  It always gets me off to the best start. 

I spent the afternoon in the kitchen baking some banana nut bread as my bananas were getting overly ripe.   Slicing squash to put in the freezer. And just puttering.  I really do enjoy being the kitchen.  As I was preparing my bread, I started thinking about all the goodies I want to make this Christmas.  I hate to admit how excited I am getting about the upcoming holidays.
 
We also got the results from house inspection.  Several things on the list that need to be taken care of by the now owners, but shouldn't be anything to major.  Hoping all goes well with the appraisal this week and then we will get our closing date.  Getting excited about that too. 
 
So that is a brief recap of my weekend, nothing fancy but fun and relaxing.  What did you do for the weekend?

Blessings,
Cindy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed our visit Sat. night. I have some books that if you haven't read I will bring to you. I will do a private message with their titles later. Have a blessed day.

Judy said...

Hi Cindy! I love your new home! And I get you - how that you have to be able to piddle around, change things, make it yours, or it just doesn't feel right...kinda like you're visiting. I'm so happy for you, & maybe one day, that farmhouse will come.

You're so blessed to be with family & be able to be in their daily lives - sharing things, going out to eat, just being there. I've not lived near family since I was 17.

I love the thought of a blog revamp - name change, ect for your blog. I understand why you feel the need for change - something that more fits you right now at this stage of life. I'll put my thinking cap on...you know how I love thinking up names. lol.

BTW - I nominated you for the Liebster Award at my blog, so please go read details (read my regular Thursday post first though) :) I hope you participate. So nice coming here & catching up. Love you Cindy, & miss you! Hugs

Judy said...

Hi Cindy! Me again. Did you want to me to email you the Liebster award rules, questions, ect? I have it all ready with the line breaks, ect in it, so let me know. Been thinking about a new name for your blog since you asked for suggestions. This morning, 'Readjusting My Sails' came to me...I thought it sounded pretty & falls in line with changing direction at this stage in life, ect., but not too sure it fits in with what you are searching for. I'll keep praying & thinking about one. Hope you find it soon.

Regarding your comment at my blog about regretting not taking more pictures when the kids were growing up. I think it being film & having to get it developed, & then finding out half the roll didn't turn our so well, ect, had something to do with that. I would have LOVED to have had digital when my boys were growing up! Now I sometimes take thousands of shots in one month. NEVER could have done that with film! So don't feel too bad.

Well...I'll wait on you to let me know if you want me to send you the Liebster award questions, ect. Thank you so much for accepting this. Have a great weekend. Hugs!

Susan said...

Hi Cindy, I saw your post at Judys and Pam. Maybe you can come visit me. I have pics of my 4 grandkids. Your home looks so nice ! Let me know if you plan to keep blogging, I still have your linkie.

Followers

LinkWithin