Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Old Treasures


Good Morning Ladies, Decided I wanted to share a little find I found this weekend at a local antique mall. On the right hand side bar I have a list of treasures that I am seeking. I love to have something to hunt for.

Anyway, for sometime I have been searching for a antique typewriter. Well I found one this weekend, that I just couldn't let get away. I got it for $35 dollars and it is in it's original case. Perfect. Most of them that I have been looking at were $100+. No thanks, can't afford to do that. Anyway, since I have wanted one for awhile, as I am planning to create a little vignette in my 'someday library or office'. to sit amongst all my old books. I have already purchased a antique fan from a yard sale last year. I am hoping to find a little antique telephone while I am out traipsing the country this year. So far I haven't seen anything that has really caught my eye, but looking for something kinda like this. Actually I would like to have something a little older than this particular model, but this would work.

Do you have any little vignettes that you are trying to achieve? Wanna share? I am always looking for ways to incorporate the old with the new. Something about that era is so appealing to me. I have really been gravitating to old housekeeping magazines and articles . I just love the look of them as well as the those old Homekeeping/Homemaking books and especially recipe books. Since I am avid cookbook collector.

Sometimes I get in antique stores and just get lost in another time and place. In the winter months Michael and I hit all the stores in our area, as we both have certain things that we are searching for. I will share more another things another day. But most of the time I spend in them are just like a mini vacation for me. I travel back in time. It's such a cheap form of entertainment, unless your me and usually buy something. Happy Searching!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Cindy! this was so fun to read. You're right, it is good to have a plan. I need to write one up. :) Jack and I need to go antiquing around here. I am curious to know if we would be able to find the kinds of things you do over there. Happy hunting! ;) pam

Followers

LinkWithin