Wednesday, November 4, 2009

One More Day

It’s already the middle of the week.  woman_at_computer1 Can you believe that this week is half over?  I’m moving right along on organizing and updated my blogs.  Since getting my new laptop I hadn’t taken the time to update all the software that I normally use, so I have been doing that.  What a job.  I also have been rearranging and updating content. I hope that by the end of the week I will be done with this.  This is a huge job, especially when you have several blogs to work on.  I really want to getLifetime_Movie_Network my Christmas site updated, and thinking now I just might.  I can see the light at the end of this tunnel.  Thank Goodness for Lifetime Movie Network.  I have been watching alot of movies while working on this project. My goal is to finish all this computer work by the end of this week. 

We found out that my husband’s son and daughter-in-law will be here this weekend.  They are arriving on Friday and will be here until Monday.  It will be nice to see them again.  With all his children living so far away, we enjoy every opportunity to visit with them.

Well since I have been spending all week working on my computer, I decided I wanted to share with you today a way to organize your browsers and favorites. I bookmarked this awhile ago and would like to credit where I found it, but for the life of me I can’t find it.

How to organize your browser bookmarks and favorites

bookmarks.pngHow many bookmarks and favorites are on your computer? I have more than 1,000 in Firefox and Del.icio.us, and even though they're neatly organized in folders and tagged, I can't remember what I liked about most of them.

How many bookmarks is too many? Are all those sites still live? Are you really ever going back there?

Happily, there's lots of free software for PC and Mac that will help you organize your bookmarks.

For the PC
   • Bookmark Buddy
This bookmark manager offers four different ways to retrieve bookmarks, site login management, privacy functions and bookmark checking.

   • AM-Deadlink works with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

For the Mac
   • WebNote Happy does web site tagging and annotating for Mac OS X that helps you organize, bookmark, and make notes about the web pages that matter to you.

   • Bookdog lets you Click 'Analyze' to find duplicates and then fix them.

Ok…guess I should get started on my day.  Hope you have a blessed Wednesday!

Cindy

1 comment:

Sue said...

I'm glad you've been able to put your feet up and enjoy your new laptop (and Lifetime) this week.

Enjoy your weekend with Michael's kids!

Hugs

Followers

LinkWithin